Depression can have a major impact on people's lives
Depression affects millions of people. Every patient is different and responds to treatment differently. For healthcare professionals seeking another option, FETZIMA® is approved to treat major depressive disorder in adults.
Depression affects many...
- MDD is the #1 contributor to disability worldwide5
- MDD is the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting almost 16 million adults6,7
In many different ways...
- MDD is a heterogeneous disease—every patient can present with different symptoms8
- Persistent depressed mood or loss of interest are common defining features of MDD*8
Other symptoms are also persistent and vary by patient8
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Weight gain or weight loss; increase or decrease in appetite
- Psychomotor agitation or psychomotor retardation
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or excessive/inappropriate guilt
- Diminished ability to think/concentrate or indecisiveness
- Recurrent thoughts of death/suicide or suicide attempt
- Diagnosis of MDD requires five (or more) of the symptoms listed above, must be present for at least 2 weeks, and represent a change from previous functioning. At least one of the symptoms is either depressed mood or loss of interest or pleasure.8
Unmet needs still exist
In an analysis from the 2006 U.S. National Health and Wellness Survey (NHWS)...
of patients with MDD were nonresponders or partial responders9
According to results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R)...
of MDD patients with depressive symptoms also reported moderate to very severe levels of functional impairment10